More Messianic First Coming Prophecy
Isaac was 40 years old when he married a woman named Rebekah, and after precisely 20 years of barrenness — notice the redemption number 20? — she gave birth to twins, Jacob and Esau. So it was now mankind’s 2,108th year (approximately 1864 BC) when Jacob was born. And during Jacob’s life, God confirmed to him the Patriarchal genealogy to the Messiah ran through him; thus, he became Patriarch number 22!
God would use Jacob’s life — by controlling certain circumstance he would live through — to once again delve back into prophesying about His plan of Redemption for mankind’s souls! (If you haven’t already, please read chapter 5 Abraham before reading this chapter summary or you will probably be confused.) Subsequently, God is going to use Jacob’s life to once again secretly prophecy about the Messiah’s 1st Coming to Earth!
God’s Redemption Plan
I’ve decided to refresh your memory and repost (from chapter 5 Abraham) the basic “elements” of God’s redemption (or deliverance) plan. Here is the basic 4 step framework of “events or circumstances” God needed to control in people’s lives to accurately prophesy of HIS deliverance plan for mankind’s souls:
- A person (or people) had to be in bondage.
- God HIMSELF would have to do something supernatural to free them.
- The person (or people) would then become free.
- In becoming free, the person (or people) freed would leave with the riches of the ones who had held them in bondage.
Do you understand the Messianic plan?
- Mankind’s souls were in bondage to sin — separated from God’s spirit — with no hope of ever getting free from that bondage and returning to perfect spiritual union with God’s Spirit (obtaining eternal life) because ALL mankind had sinned!
- Therefore, God HIMSELF would have to do something supernatural to free mankind’s souls from their bondage to sin. This was Him birthing a Messiah (Jesus Christ) supernaturally with His own Holy Spirit seed in Mary, Jesus living a sinless life on Earth (only the “wages of sin” brings spiritual death), but Jesus choosing to die anyway (paying a “sin debt” he didn’t owe)!
- Through this act of pure love (known Biblically as "grace") on God’s part, mankind could then find “forgiveness (or atonement) for their sins” through Christ alone, by God substituting (or applying) Jesus’ sinless spiritual death as the full ransom price to pay the death penalty for the sins a man committed. In other words, mankind’s souls were now technically free from their bondage to sin and death through what the Messiah Jesus Christ had done!
- Consequently, mankind’s souls went from a poor state (separated from God’s spirit … spiritually dead) to a rich state (able to return to perfect union with God’s spirit … obtain eternal spiritual life.)
Jacob’s Redemption Story
Alright, so in Jacob’s life you will witness a story encompassing these same 4 “elements” except that God will throw in a few more details this time to embellish the story (prophesy in more detail) over what He has already revealed through the story of Abraham & Sarah escaping Egypt. Here is what happened.
Due to sin (deceiving his father Isaac over Esau’s birthright) Jacob wound up having to travel to the city of Haran to escape the fury of his brother Esau. Haran was located in modern day Turkey, north of the Promise Land! (Remember, the person(s) in bondage in these prophetic “redemption stories” always has to be in bondage on some physical land apart from Canaan.)
Jacob found lodging with his mother’s brother, Laban (who lived in Haran) and immediately fell head over heals in love with his youngest daughter Rachel. So Jacob promised Laban he would work 7 years to receive her hand in marriage … And THIS is where and how God’s second secret “redemption parable” began! (I will reveal the spiritual significance of each event inside parentheses.)
- Jacob labors 20 years for Laban — notice the redemption number 20 again? — (Laban represents Satan, and Laban holds Rachel and Lea (Jacob’s bride) in captivity … this is the picture of Jesus laboring for his bride who is in bondage).
“This TWENTY years have I (Jacob) been with thee (Laban); thy ewes and thy she goats have not cast their young, and the rams of thy flock have I not eaten. That which was torn of beasts I brought not unto thee; I bare the loss of it; of my hand didst thou require it, whether stolen by day, or stolen by night. Thus I was; in the day the drought consumed me, and the frost by night; and my sleep departed from mine eyes” (Genesis 31:38-40).
- NEW PROPHETIC DETAIL … Laban deceives Jacob 10 times during these 20 years (These 10 deceptions or sins symbolize the 10 Commandments, which represent ALL OF SIN … in other words, God is secretly proclaiming here, through this detail, that one day HE, through the Messiah, will deliver mankind’s souls from ALL OF SIN!)
“Thus have I (Jacob) been TWENTY years in thy (Laban) house; I served thee fourteen years for thy two daughters, and six years for thy cattle: and thou hast changed my wages TEN times” (Genesis 31:41).
- NEW PROPHETIC DETAIL … God tells Jacob He has seen ALL that Laban has done unto him and his family, and to take now his family and leave Laban and return to the Promise Land (God is spiritually saying here that He has not turned His back on His Earthly spirit children, but has seen everything Satan has done to them by enticing them to sin — i.e. all the work, sorrow, and pain — and He now wants Jesus to bring them back home to Him.)
“I (God) have seen ALL that Laban doeth unto thee. I am the God of Beth-el (Promise Land territory) … now arise, GET THEE OUT FROM THIS LAND, and return unto the land of thy kindred (Promise Land territory)” (Genesis 31:12-13).
- So Jacob flees from Laban with his family, and Laban pursues him to bring him back, but God SUPERNATURALLY warns Laban in a dream NOT to hurt Jacob or his family and to LET THEM GO! (In other words, it was GOD HIMSELF who truly FREED Jacob and his bride from Laban, just like it would be God Himself, through a Messiah, who would free mankind’s souls from their bondage to sin and death.)
“It is in the power of my (Laban) hand to do you hurt (Jacob): but the God of your father spake unto me yester-night, saying, Take thou heed that thou speak not to Jacob either good or bad” (Genesis 31:29).
- Jacob’s family made off with Laban’s riches (Mankind’s souls would become spiritually rich — able to return again to God, obtain eternal spiritual life, through the coming Messiah.)
“And he (Jacob) heard the words of Laban’s sons, saying, Jacob hath taken away all that was our father’s (Laban); and of that which was our father’s hath he gotten ALL this glory” (Genesis 31:1).
- Jacob traveled with his bride and riches on a journey back to the land of Canaan (Remember the physical land of Canaan was the Promise Land, symbolizing they made it back to God, obtaining eternal life!)
“Jacob JOURNEYED to Succoth, and built him an house … And Jacob came to Shalem, a city of Shechem, which is in the land of Canaan” (Genesis 33:17-18).
Well, there you have it … God’s second secret prophecy concerning His Messianic plan of deliverance for mankind’s souls! Those of you with Biblical understanding will detect that this “redemption story” of Jacob’s is getting closer and closer in detail to resembling the coming “redemption story” of God delivering the Israelites from the Egyptians through a man named Moses. And THAT is correct! For the coming “redemption story” of the Israelites will be the third and granddaddy of all God’s Biblically recorded prophecies concerning His plan for delivering His spirit children’s souls from their bondage to sin and death!
To be perfectly frank with you … The Israelite’s “deliverance story” from Egypt and subsequent JOURNEY to the Promise Land is a real-life story God created and controlled for the sole purpose of revealing EVERYTHING involved in a “soul’s journey back to God” meaning to obtain eternal life! (Read that last sentence over and over until you fully comprehend it.) God will put tremendous detail into the “deliverance part” of the Israelite’s story ALL TO PRECISELY AND SECRETLY PROPHECY ABOUT WHAT THE COMING MESSIAH WOULD DO ON EARTH FOR MANKIND’S SOULS AND WHEN!!!!!!! Then, God will put much more detail into the “journey to the Promise Land” part in order to reveal precisely what mankind MUST DO to ultimately reach and enter the Promise Land, meaning to obtain eternal life.
So this is it my friend! This is the amazing revelation the Spirit of God gave me the moment I awoke on the Sabbath morning of Saturday December 8, AD 2008. Full comprehension of this story and its spiritual implications will completely crush all Biblical confusion you might have concerning what a soul truly MUST DO to obtain eternal life. Therefore, I want you to study in depth the next two chapters of the book — namely, chapter 9 Moses and chapter 10 Wilderness.
To enhance your understanding of the Israelite’s story (with respect to what God was revealing and proclaiming through controlling every detail of it) I want to speak a parable to you that God gave me concerning it. This parable was given to me to correctly orient my mind with respect to how God views the Israelites, and therefore how you should too. Many people incorrectly think God favors or loves an Israelite more than others! This is WRONG!!! Many times the Scriptures inform us that God has NO favorites, or that He is NO respecter of persons. So get it through your head; God loves ALL His spirit children on Earth equally. The parable is as such:
A guest speaker was slated to deliver an important message to the children of a certain high school. The day he arrived, all the kids in the school — 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grades — gathered in the auditorium to hear his talk. About 1/3rd of the way into his speech he asked for volunteers from the audience to come up front and enact out a skit to help demonstrate and elucidate the central theme of his discourse. By the time the guest speaker was finished talking, everyone had received his message.
Do you understand the parable? God is the guest speaker, and the High School is planet Earth. The 4 grades of children symbolize ALL of God’s spirit children in every nation from the 4 corners of Earth. The message God is communicating is EVERYTHING involved (or everything it takes) for a spirit child of His to make it back to Him (obtain eternal life)! And the Israelites are the volunteers God CHOSE out of all mankind to help Him deliver His message!!!
Do you recognize the incredible truth of this parable? God’s Biblical message (told through the story or skit of the Israelites) is meant for ALL of His spirit children on Earth. The volunteers (Israeli or Jewish people) are the “chosen ones” only with respect to them having been picked or chosen by God to help Him deliver His message! In other words, the Guest speaker did not favor the volunteers … his message was for everyone in the High School. Likewise, God does not favor Israelites … His message and love is for ALL mankind on Earth!
With that being said, here is briefly how God began the redemption story (skit) of the Israelites:
- First, Jacob fathered 12 sons — 11 of which were fathered during his 20 years in servitude to Laban! — and then one day God changed Jacob’s name to ISRAEL.
- Then, Jacob’s 11 sons sold their brother Joseph to some slave traders that were on their way to Egypt!
- Thirty years later, a great famine hit the Earth (remember the spiritual significance of the famine?)
- Lastly, (long story short) Jacob (Israel) and his sons learn there is food in Egypt and so move there to live with Joseph who is still alive.
So, there you have it! Jacob (Israel) was 130 years old when he moved to Egypt with his sons to live, which means it was now mankind’s 2,238th year (or approximately 1734 BC). And God would precisely control it that the Israelites would spend exactly 400 years in Egypt from this date — every year of which was considered “bondage” by God for the Israelites were now separated from the physical Promise Land in Canaan — until He would raise up a man to work through to lead them out of that Egyptian bondage. That man’s name was MOSES, and he would be used by God in this story (or skit) to be a secret, prophetic picture of the coming Messiah (deliverer) Jesus Christ!
The Movie Jacob (Israel)