Click image above to watch video
After a few hundred years in Egypt, the Israelite’s had grown great in number. But then a new Pharaoh took over and placed them in hard, physical bondage:
“Therefore they did set over them taskmasters to afflict them with their burdens … And they made their lives bitter with hard BONDAGE, in mortar, and in brick, and in all manner of service in the field” (Exodus 1:11-14).
Do you see? God has created the perfect physical situation representing the “spiritual bondage” Satan had His spirit children in on Earth after enticing them to sin. Therefore, in this story (or skit) Egypt represents Satan’s kingdom of darkness, the taskmasters represent the fallen angels (demons), and Pharaoh represents Satan himself. And of course, the Israelite children represent God’s spirit children who are in bondage to sin all over the Earth.
So it is all set up! Everything is perfect now in the skit for God to reveal EVERYTHING it will take for a soul to make it to heaven and obtain eternal life. All we have to do is glean the truth from the Israelite’s story by paying close attention to EVERYTHING involved for the Israelites to make it back into the land of Canaan. (Are you picturing God standing on the stage of Earth, carefully directing these human volunteers — the Egyptians, Israelites, Pharaoh, and soon Moses! — to play out this skit, all just so He can convey to ALL mankind this amazing truth? You should be.
The first thing we notice (or learn) is there is NO POSSIBLE WAY for the Israelites to leave Egypt and travel to Canaan on their own accord!!! Do you understand? If they tried to leave Egypt, Pharaoh’s army would kill them. So it was a hopeless situation for them! In other words, Pharaoh held the “power of death” over their lives, and they would never return to the Promise Land in Canaan without divine intervention. Surely, you can see the parallel here to mankind’s souls? There was no hope for our souls to make it back to spiritual union with God (to obtain eternal life) in His kingdom because we ALL have sinned; therefore, Satan held the “power of spiritual death” over our souls:
“Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he (Jesus) also himself likewise took part of the same; that through (spiritual) death he might DESTROY him that had the POWER of (spiritual) DEATH, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage” (Hebrews 2:14-15).
See, ONLY GOD held the solution to the Israelite’s bondage problem: HE WOULD PERSONALLY TAKE CARE OF FREEING (or DELIVERING) THEM FROM THE EGYPTIANS!!! In so doing (in this skit), GOD will physically DESTROY Pharaoh and his army in the Red Sea, which will be a visible picture (and foretelling) to mankind that one day HE WILL PERSONALLY DESTROY Satan, taking back the “power of death” he holds over mankind’s souls! Awesome, isn’t it?
But HOW exactly will GOD PERSONALLY destroy Satan and the “power of death” he holds? Through a MESSIAH He supernaturally births!!! So in this Israelite deliverance story (skit) God raises up a man to represent this coming Messiah. But it is all a SECRET!!! No one understands that this is what God is doing! No one understands God is prophetically playing out the “deliverance story” of mankind’s souls. But for the record, every detail and circumstance God controls in this man’s life is prophecy concerning the coming Messiah (deliverer) Jesus Christ. So enter stage front … Moses!
I am going to briefly list here the prophetic “events” in Moses’ life that were fulfilled by the Messiah Jesus Christ (about 1,300 years later), but I urge you to read this chapter in the book for more amazing detail.
- MOSES: Moses was born at a time when Pharaoh made a decree that all new born male Israelite children be put to death.
JESUS: King Herod had all male children age 2 and under put to death in the town where Jesus was born.
- MOSES: Moses’ mom built an ARK — can you believe it? Remember Noah’s story? — and laid baby Moses in it to hide him from the Egyptians. (This “ark” again pictured the “Kingdom of God” — remember A.R.K. = A Righteous Kingdom — and thus foretold the Kingdom of God would come to Earth next in the form of a baby!)
JESUS: Sure enough, Jesus (The King of the Kingdom of God!) came to Earth as a baby and was laid in a manger (an “ark” type object).
- MOSES: Pharaoh’s daughter found baby Moses and named him “Moses” meaning “drawn out” for she drew him out of the water where his ark was floating. (The meaning of the name “Moses” foretold that the Messiah would “draw out (or liberate)” mankind from their bondage to sin.
JESUS: And yes Jesus did draw mankind’s souls out of their bondage to sin.
- MOSES: Baby Moses was taken into the Egyptian Pharaoh’s daughter’s house.
JESUS: As a child, Jesus too would flee into Egypt to escape Herod’s wrath.
- MOSES: As a man, Moses killed an Egyptian taskmaster who was beating an Israelite slave. (This incident foretold that the Messiah would come to Earth to kill, or strike down, the Kingdom of Darkness’ power!)
JESUS: As a man, Jesus payed a “spiritual death sentence” for a sin payment that he didn’t owe, and in so doing he killed the “power of death” Satan’s kingdom held.
- MOSES: Moses fled to the desert for 40 years.
JESUS: Jesus was led into the desert to be tempted of the devil for 40 days.
- MOSES: Moses became a shepherd of sheep for Jethro.
JESUS: Jesus said, I am the good shepherd, and I give my life for the sheep.
- MOSES: Through him, God officially delivered the Israelites out of bondage to the Egyptians at the Red Sea.
JESUS: Through him, God officially delivered mankind’s souls out of bondage to sin and death at the cross of Calvary.
(Learn more amazing Biblical detail about this part of the “deliverance story” in the “Israelite’s redemption story” section below).
- MOSES: After the deliverance event at the Red Sea, Moses lived 40 more years until he died (left earth).
JESUS: After the deliverance event at the Cross and resurrection, Jesus lived 40 more days until he left Earth.
- MOSES: Moses was God’s lawgiver.
JESUS: Jesus was God’s lawgiver.
- MOSES: Moses spent 40 days fasting.
JESUS: Jesus spent 40 days fasting.
- MOSES: Moses’ face glowed while descending a mountain.
JESUS: Jesus’ face glowed while descending a mountain.
- MOSES: Moses was a teacher and leader of men.
JESUS: Jesus was a teacher and leader of men.
- MOSES: Moses sent out 12 spies.
JESUS: Jesus sent out 12 disciples.
Well, I think you get the point: God controlled every detail of Moses’ life to be a precise PROPHETIC picture of the coming Messiah Jesus Christ! The only problem … NO ONE understood back then (when Moses was living through these events) that this is what God was doing through his life. So, again, it was all SECRET prophecy concerning the coming Messiah.
Yet, right near the end of Moses’ life, God spoke the following words to the Israelites through his mouth:
“The Lord thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, LIKE UNTO ME; unto him ye shall hearken” (Deuteronomy 18:15).
Do you see? God was speaking here of the coming Messiah, Jesus Christ!!! So stunningly (even way back then) God directly confirmed that the coming Messiah’s life on Earth WOULD BE "LIKE UNTO" Moses’ life. Wow!
GOD’S REDEMPTION PLAN
I want to briefly refresh your memory, once again, concerning the basic “elements” of God’s redemption plan before I delve into the Israelite’s redemption story. So here again is the basic 4 step framework of “events or circumstances” God controlled in people’s lives to accurately prophesy of HIS deliverance plan for mankind’s souls:
- A person (or people) had to be in bondage.
- God HIMSELF would do something supernatural to free them.
- The person (or people) would then become free.
- In becoming free, the person (or people) freed would leave with the riches of the ones who had held them in bondage.
ISRAELITE REDEMPTION STORY
Alright, so here is God’s amazingly detailed (and powerfully visually prophetic) Israelite redemption story, prophesying of what the Messiah Jesus Christ would do one day on Earth in freeing mankind’s souls out of their bondage to sin and death.
- The Israelites were in bondage to the Egyptians. (This pictured God’s spirit children in bondage to sin because of Satan’s deception.)
- God tells Moses He has seen and heard all the sorrow, pain, and work the Egyptians are inflicting on the Israelites, and He commands him to go before Pharaoh and demand he LET THEM GO. (Remember, God is spiritually saying here that he has seen everything — i.e. all the work, sorrow, and pain — Satan has caused His spirit children by enticing them to sin, and He will now send the Messiah, Jesus, to deliver them.)
“I (God) have surely seen the affliction of my people (Israelites) which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their SORROWS; And I (GOD) am come DOWN to DELIVER them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey (Promise Land) … Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt” (Exodus 3:6-10).
- God HIMSELF supernaturally plagues Pharaoh 10 times in order to free the Israelites from Egyptian bondage. (This pictured God HIMSELF sending the Messiah to live a SINLESS life on Earth, and then to suffer a spiritual death, in order to pay for ALL sin encompassed by the 10 Love Commandments, which would make “forgiveness for ALL sin” available to mankind’s souls — which means, through Jesus, mankind was now technically free from their bondage to sin and its resulting death!)
- The 10th and final plague God sent on Pharaoh and the Egyptians was the plague of DEATH! (This was to precisely represent what God was truly delivering mankind’s soul’s out of — namely, their bondage to sin and DEATH, or spiritual separation from God.)
“And Moses said, Thus saith the Lord, About midnight will I go out into the midst of Egypt: And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall DIE … and he (Moses) went out from Pharaoh in a great anger” (Exodus 11:4-8).
- In order to SAVE the Israelites from the death plague, God strangely instructs the Israelites to choose and kill a LAMB, spreading its blood on their houses so the angel of death would pass over them. (This is God’s final development of the Messianic “sacrificial Lamb” concept!!! And the precise PROPHETIC detail God puts into this “Passover Lamb” is staggering. See the section below called “The Passover Lamb” for these details. And to think it all remained one colossal SECRET about the Messiah, until after Jesus rose from the dead and began to explain to his disciples how he had just fulfilled every detail of it!)
- The Israelite’s escape Egypt. But then God hardens the Pharaoh’s heart one last time and he chases them down, cornering them hopelessly at the edge of the impassable Red Sea. (The Red Sea symbolically represents the impassable divide that existed between Mankind’s souls and God’s Spirit of Life. And there was NOTHING mankind could do about it! Mankind was hopelessly separated from God and would need a miracle from God to be able to make it back to Him and obtain eternal life.)
- God tells Moses to “stretch out his hands” over the Red Sea to part it. He does and the Israelites scurry across on dry land to freedom. (This happened during mankind’s 2,638th year on Earth fulfilling God’s Creation Day 3 prophecy, and it pictured Jesus stretching out his arms and hands on the cross as the temple veil ripped in two, symbolizing the WAY back to God in the Holiest of Holies was now open to mankind’s souls, meaning eternal life was now obtainable!)
“And the Lord said unto Moses … lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and DIVIDE it: and the children of Israel shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea” (Exodus 14:15-16).
- Pharaoh’s army and chariots raced into the parted Red Sea to capture the Israelites, but God had Moses "stretch out his hands" one last time and the Sea destroyed ALL the Egyptians. (This pictured the TOTAL victory Jesus won over Satan and his demonic cohorts when he died on the cross and took back the "power of death" Satan held over mankind’s souls! Listen to Paul describe Jesus’ spiritual victory over Satan’s kingdom as he hung on the cross, and then think about how the story of the Egyptian’s army perishing in the Red Sea visually pictured this.)
“And having spoiled principalities and powers, he (God working through Jesus) made a SHEW of them OPENLY, triumphing over them in it” (Colossians 2:15). Wow!!!
- The Israelites "spoiled" the Egyptians, for the Lord gave them favor in their sight and they made off with Egypt’s riches. (Again, this foretold that mankind’s souls would become spiritually RICH — able to return to the Father God’s Spirit and obtain eternal life — after Jesus’ work of redemption was complete!)
“And they (Israelites) borrowed of the Egyptians jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and raiment: And the Lord gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they lent unto them such things as they required. And they SPOILED the EGYPTIANS” (Exodus 12:35-36). Do you see the same "spoiled" word used here in the Israelite’s story, as is used in Paul’s verse above when he wrote, Jesus "spoiled" principalites and powers? Amazing!
So, now on the other side of the Red Sea, the Israelites were FREE from their bondage to the Egyptians, but this freedom did not automatically place them in the Promise Land. Do you understand? Rather, it ONLY provided them a WAY (or opportunity) to be able to JOURNEY there! (God was/is saying the “freedom from sin” He provided mankind’s souls, through Christ, does not automatically guarantee them eternal life in the Kingdom of God, it only makes it POSSIBLE for them.) See, the Israelites STILL had a DECISIVE JOURNEY to MAKE to reach and enter the Promise Land. Likewise, mankind’s souls STILL have a DECISIVE SPIRITUAL JOURNEY to MAKE to obtain eternal life!
This is the confusion-erasing (concerning what a soul MUST DO to obtain eternal life) topic of the next chapter “Wilderness”, for it is here that God will explain EVERYTHING MANKIND MUST DO to reach and enter the Promise Land and obtain eternal life!
And the Sea will Tell:Archaeological proof of Moses Crossing the Red Sea
THE PASSOVER LAMB
Here are the specific details God instructed the Israelites to observe in preparing their Passover Lamb, all of which secretly prophesied specific “things” concerning mankind’s true sacrificial Passover Lamb, the coming Messiah, Jesus Christ.
- The lamb must be male: “Your lamb shall be … a MALE of the first year” (Exodus 12:5).
An angel told Joseph: “Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife; for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. And she shall bring forth a SON (MALE), and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins” (Matthew 1:20-21).
- The lamb must be without blemish: “Your lamb shall be WITHOUT BLEMISH” (Exodus 12:5).
Peter wrote about Jesus: “But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a LAMB WITHOUT BLEMISH and without spot” (I Peter 1:19).
- The lamb must have no bone broke: “And the Lord said unto Moses and Aaron, This is the ordinance of the Passover … NEITHER shall ye BREAK A BONE thereof” (Exodus 12:43-46).
On the day Jesus was crucified, the Bible records: “Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him. But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they BRAKE NOT HIS LEGS … For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken” (John 19:32-36).
- The lamb’s flesh must be eaten: “And they shall EAT THE FLESH in that night, roast with fire, and unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it” (Exodus 12:8).
On Earth, Jesus said: “Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye EAT THE FLESH of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day” (John 6:5).
- The lamb must be picked (or chosen) on a specific day of a specific Jewish lunar month — namely, the 10th of Nissan: “In the TENTH DAY of this month (Nissan) they shall take to them every man a lamb …” (Exodus 12:3).
Jesus fulfilled this VERY DAY by riding into Jerusalem on a donkey on the 10th of Nissan, as the Israelites (unknowingly) CHOSE him as the lamb by laying palm branches before him and declaring him king: “On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the KING of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord” (John 12:12-13).
- The lamb must be killed 4 days later on the 14th of Nissan: “And ye shall keep it (lamb) up until the FOURTEENTH day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall KILL it in the evening” (Exodus 12:2-3).
Jesus ate the yearly celebrated Passover meal with his disciples in the evening (after sunset brought in the 14th of Nissan, 4 days after he rode into Jerusalem on a donkey) and he was crucified later that VERY day during the daylight hours: “And he (Jesus) said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this Passover (meal) with you before I suffer” (Luke 22:15).
There you have it!!! Jesus fulfilled everything PRECISELY that God had prophesied about him through the Israelite’s Passover lamb back in Egypt almost 1,300 years earlier.
400 YEAR PROPHETIC TIMING DETAIL
Only now after FULLY understanding what the “deliverance story” of the Israelites was/is all about — namely, a PROPHESY about how a Messiah would one day free mankind’s souls out of bondage to sin and death — can you then begin to grasp the reason God wanted to lead the Israelites out of bondage (through Moses) after them being in bondage (hopelessly separated from the Canaan Promise Land) for PRECISELY 400 years. Do you now see why? Friend, IT WAS ALSO PROPHETIC!!! It secretly foretold that the Messiah, Jesus Christ, would lead mankind’s souls out of bondage — which was the year he DIED on the cross! — during mankind’s 4,000th year on Earth
Look, it is undeniable that the Bible (with its dates and ages taken literally) conveys the Messiah lived on Earth somewhere around mankind’s 4,000th year! Even in the 1600’s Biblical scholars were determining Creation dates of around 4,000 BC, like Ussher’s 4004 BC in AD 1640 and Lightfoot’s 3928 BC in AD 1644. Well, now you know the truth! Just like Moses led the Israelite’s out of bondage after 400 years, so too Jesus led mankind’s souls out of bondage during mankind’s 4,000th year!!!
Oh, but this was not the only time God prophesied this “timing fact” about the Messiah in the Bible. No, he secretly confirmed it over and over again! I will list some of them below, but please read this chapter in the book for all the wonderful details.
- Moses killed the taskmaster when he was 40 years old
- Jesus raised Lazarus to life after him being dead for 4 days
- Israel’s brazen alter had a volume of 4,000 cubic cubits (20 cubits length x 20 cubits breadth x 10 cubits height)
- Sampson “stretched out his arms” between two pillars and “delivered” the Israelites from the Philistines after being in captivity for 40 years to them.
- David killed Goliath after he teased and taunted the Israelites for 40 days
Now you know why God led me to title the book “Undeniable Biblical Proof Jesus Christ Will Return To Planet Earth Exactly 2,000 Years After The Year Of His Death”. It is because God clearly prophesied in the Bible that Christ died during mankind’s 4,000th year, and He has also clearly prophesied that Christ will return during mankind’s 6,000th year.
THE 7 PROPHETIC FEASTS
In the wilderness, God appointed 7 Feasts (Holy Days) for the Israelites to observe yearly on specific days based on the Jewish lunar calendar. And they are another fascinating Biblical prophetic study! EACH of the 7 Feasts foretold of specific “events” concerning the Messiah; but not only that, the Messiah would actually FULFILL those “events” on the ACTUAL DAY(S) in which God chose for the Feasts to be celebrated! Are you kidding me? In other words, the 7 Feasts (Holy Days) were actually “timing prophecies” concerning precisely WHEN the Messiah would do certain “things” for mankind during a particular calendar year. Mind boggling, isn’t it?
To be terse, the first 4 Feasts were slated to be fulfilled by the Messiah during mankind’s 4,000th year (during his 1st Coming to Earth) and the last 3 Feasts will be fulfilled by the Messiah during mankind’s 6,000th year (during his 2nd Coming to Earth). All of this information is in the book, and I sincerely hope you will take the time to read and understand it. But for now, here in this online chapter summary, I will simply list the Feasts with their fulfillment.
- Feast of Passover
The death of Christ
- Feast of Unleavened Bread
The sinless Christ
- Feast of First Fruits
The resurrection of Christ
- Feast of Weeks (Pentecost)
The gift of the Holy Spirit sent by Christ
- Feast of Trumpets
The return of Christ
- Feast of Atonement
The day Christ officially forgives (atones) the resurrected saints
- Feast of Tabernacles
The day Christ lives with the saints
To Read Chapter 9